Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80cm SilverCrest dish with Sky LNB?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if I can use a Sky quad LNB with the following dish?:

8cbaed518a2b0a92f081df90dd1bc40a8155eb3a7b77046c2dd3d33e37d1676f.jpg

Also, can I use a Sky dish bracket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

yes mate, you can without any problem, mean lnb...not sure about bracket but probably yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

yes mate, you can without any problem, mean lnb...not sure about bracket but probably yes :)

Sorry but thats just nonsense. Sky lnb's only work correctly with sky dishes and it will not fit your dish in any case. What you need is a quad lnb with a 40mm collar. A sky dish bracket will work for a time but I reckon it will eventually break on you as its designed for a lighter dish.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

well....using sky quad lnb with no-name dish myself and fits perfectly :) so cant see any reason why sky quad wont work with silvercrest....to be honest my dish looks exactlty the same as silvercrest

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Get an ordinary quad LNB with proper 40mm mount to get full signal. The Sky LNBs have elliptical focus rings for the elongated dish. You will get reduced signal. Some don't have 40mm neck.

The Sky wall mount are lightweight and rust. Get a pair of KT brackets (long ones if dish needs angled close to wall) and 1m of 40mm approx to 50mm approx thick wall galvanised pipe and two clamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Appreciate the advice folks. Thanks. Will knock this idea on the head and just get a Sky dish, as I already have the bracket up and a Sky quad LNB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement