Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this and where can I get a new one?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what the correct term is for this:

9u44fn.jpg

I was thinking LNB arm but google's not finding much for that.

Basically I need a new one as I came home today to find it hanging from the dish. It's rusted through and today just gave in.

I only need the arm (if that's what it's called). The LNB and dish both seem fine.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

I would call it a single mounting bracket. Try LNB bracket or LNB mounting bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

if the arm is rusted through i would have thought the rest of the dish is on its way out? Best bet is to get a new dish, if you live near the west coast get a solid galvanised dish, not a cheap mesh one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can't buy replacement arms on their own as they are part of dish design. You have to replace entire dish and arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Appreciate the advice folks. Thanks. Will knock this idea on the head and just get a Sky dish, as I already have the bracket up and a Sky quad LNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭montgolfiere

As the other posters suggested....go for a better quality , properly protected, solid Dish. a good quality 80cm. dish can be obtained for approx 30 euros delivered including & the wall bracket. (PM me if you need the website address).. a replacement twin LNB would be 12 euros extra or a quad 20 euros... but at least you would be sorted for 10 years or more!!!
    The Skyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I appreciate that montgolfiere and I know you're right. If I were staying in the house permanently I'd do as you suggest. As it is, this time next year we'll probably be gone, hence I'm looking for the cheapest solution (which would appear to be a replacement Sky dish).

Many thanks once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

snaps wrote: »
    ...get a solid galvanised dish, not a cheap mesh one.

See my post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68171555#post68171555

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Liameter wrote: »

Sorry get a solid galvanised mounted dish not a PERFORATED one....lol:D

Advertisement