Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlucky rod??

Options
  • 22-09-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

has anyone ever had or felt that a certain rod was not as lucky as others???

i do a lot of trolling both trout and pike..... now i am not that superstitious but have at times thought "this yoke wouldnt catch a wave if i threw it overboard":rolleyes:
    for instance my dad had(still does have ) a rod for trout fishing17ft in lenght, that broke fixed it with a stronger 2 ft top piece and it was perfect for pike fishin!! but he and anytime i used it NEVER got a decent fish on it!! and its about 20yrs old!!!!.. not been used for the last 10yrs mind,,,
    now i bought a rod 3 yrs ago used it for trout fishing and NEVER got any trout on it!!!! UNTIL....... i caught it in car door at lough mask one day, took it home fixed new eye on it,(lost about 2 in) and wham bam caught a 6lber 2 weeks ago have a few over 2lb on it too!!!!!....mental or what!!:D:D

so the morale of the story is...................................................................................................................... dont listen to a word i say !!!!!!:D or break that bad luck streak with a little help from your car!!!:rolleyes::D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Confidence is a magnificent addition to the tackle bag and always shortens the odds on a decent catch. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

i believe in confidence and logic a lot more than in luck (of course luck will always be in the equation to some extent)....whats it they say about a bad tradesman...............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I think its a case of what you get used to as well - I bought a float rod in 1977 and despite buying my latest float road two years back, still catch three times the amount on the old rod

Advertisement