Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desire FM radio.

Options
  • 22-09-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭

Having terrible trouble with the radio.

Having tried several sets of earphones i cant get any stations to tune in, cant even get it to scan and save, it starts the scan but freezes, not finding any stations. have tried it with both the case on and off. Non rooted latest software version btw.

Also, when i exit the fm app (stock fm radio app) it just hangs in "turning off" mode, hit the home button to exit it and it is still running in the backround, have to manually stop it in running applications or will drain the battery.

Another thing i noticed, only recently i tried to bluetooth a file and it would not pick up any other devices, there was 3 phones available but could not locate any, when i installed the updates software yesterday and tried it again it found my wifes nokia but hung in "pairing mode" never connected.

These things along with an issue since last May wrt wifi dropping whn it goes to sleep mode really makes me think there is a serious hardware fault.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I'm not having as serious problems but its really hard to get decent FM reception with my Desire on the Dart which is annoying.

My previous phone (SE W995) also had problems in the train but it was usable. The Desire pretty much isn't.

Anyone else able to get good reception on the Dart?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I can't tune in any stations. I tried it on the dart the other day and could only barely hear today fm under all the static... completely useless fm radio. I'd hate to go to all the effort to send it back though :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I gave up long time ago trying to use the radio, its appalling :(

Advertisement