Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

handing out flyers....

Options
  • 22-09-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

is it ok to just do this or do i need some sort of permit or something?? i intend to visit mother and baby groups around the county handing out flyers to promote my new business, but unsure if its legal?? ive heard that it can be classed as littering and i could get a fine. is this true??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Depends where you are.

In Dublin City Council area you need a permit to do any sort of promo work on street. This is €250 and you can't get permits for Grafton, Henry or O'Connell St. They rigorously enforce this. You can choose to do a hit and run approach but if you've invested in any sort of promo plan then it will be disrupted. If you choose to ignore their direction to stop the promo work they can fine you €150 per 30min you stay on.

You can't get a permit to do flyers anywhere in the DCC area and they will fine you for each item picked up. The fines can be hefty.

I don't know how it is in other counties. You should check with the local authority. However, if you are handing it out on private property you wn't a permit but you may still get fined if the leaflets end up on a public street as litter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ezeway

Do your promo in shopping center's parking place. They shouldn't touch you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

ezeway wrote: »
    Do your promo in shopping center's parking place. They shouldn't touch you there

Apart from the shopping centre owner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

You should call the organisers of the groups and see if you can get into them and do a quick presentation. Then hand out your flyers.

Believe me, your flyers won't work without the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I was going to post something similar

Say I was to go to the local shops in Ballymount where my gym is and stand outside it at lunch time tryingt o give flyers to the lunch time crowd... would I have to talk to DCC or the shop owners... I would clean up the area afterwards as well

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Depends, if you are in Dublin County Council you would.

Advertisement