Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you sign up for clubs?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I've signed up for a few societies in Devere Hall, but where can you sign up for sports clubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

And one more thing. As a student of UCC are you automatically a member of the Mardyke or do you have to sign up somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

pbowenroe wrote: »
    I've signed up for a few societies in Devere Hall, but where can you sign up for sports clubs?

The sign up for clubs is on tomorrow in Devere Hall.
    pbowenroe wrote: »
    And one more thing. As a student of UCC are you automatically a member of the Mardyke or do you have to sign up somewhere?

You have to go down to the Maradkye itself and sign up and give your finger print. Hope that helped.

The sign up for clubs is on tomorrow in Devere Hall.

You have to go down to the Maradkye itself and sign up and give your finger print. Hope that helped.

Thanks a lot. That's all I wanted to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

What societies did you sign up for? And what clubs are you going to do?

I signed up for NetSoc, the Poker Society,the Capriccio society and the Pharmacy Scoiety, but only because they said they wanted a few extra names down on their list and that I wouldn't hear from them again:D

As for clubs I'm thinking soccer and gaelic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Either the just scammed you into signing up to their mailing list, or the "the more names you get the more money you're given" rumour has started floating around again.

:)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I just signed up for a random few, like I always do, just to say I signed up for a couple of societies! Might actually get involved in one or two this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

I wasnt in college today so I missed the clubs day. I picked them online instead and I also joined a few more societies as well. However they gave me an email address but I cant get into it. Can anyone help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Buceph wrote: »
    "the more names you get the more money you're given"
    :)

Hahahahahahaha

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

x43r0 wrote: »
    Hahahahahahaha

No

Not totally untrue... the more names you have for your club, the more funding you can get/scam out of the PE office when things like the inter-varsities role round. *cough* :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 9thbit

Just wanted to post his here for anyone that comes across it. You can still sign up to any club's mailing list on http://www.collegeroad.ie/clubs/join-a-club

But all this does is add you to the club's mailing list, and a lot of the clubs dont use those. So the best thing to do is to email the club directly http://www.collegeroad.ie/clubs/index or get the details of a club contact from the sports and rec office down in ferry lodge.

Advertisement