Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan for "New Limerick" in retrospect

Options
  • 22-09-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Just came across Foinses Thread here from a little over 3 years ago, makes for interesting reading in hindsight.

I don't think there was any sign of an economic crisis on either the home front or the World stage at that particular point in time and its kind of interesting to see what the People named in the report were optimistically and unstoppably set on doing under the spell of their own unparalleled self-belief and seemingly bottomless resources.

- For instance would Anglo Irish Bank really have given a Limerick Property Developer along the lines Of Ger Clohessy the money to go and level a relatively brand new and reasonably well planned thoroughfare such as Cruises Street just for kicks and mad notions?

Damn right they would - Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back its still a bit fuzzy ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i think i remember this when it was announced, the front of every local paper had a picture from the shannon bridge with a luas train on it and loads of hi rises by the dock road between 20-40 stories high, very interested in the plans but had an idea it would be just a pipe dream!

Advertisement