Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 14 RETAIL CLIENT

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

So,

Its live - anyone picked up the CE??.

After the dissapointment of OB, not sure what to do.

Some reports filtering in on the forums, seems lag is improved but little other news.

Decisions decisions......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 #014917

Well menu lag has improved
    at the expense of lagging nearly everything else. It can be quite bad at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Is there any worthwhile pvp in FF14 at all ?
    Tempted to give it a try but reluctant to get stung again with another crappy MMO that goes bust after a month or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I doubt i'm even going to bother with this tbh. Didnt like the beta at all, and it wasnt just down to it being buggy. I didnt like the design of the game, or the combat.

I might try it a few months down the line, but i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Is there any worthwhile pvp in FF14 at all ?
    Absolutely none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Cheers. Wow, no pvp in an MMO, set sail for fail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 #014917

Head back to your little alliance buddies in WoW, an MMO doesn't need PvP to be successful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

#014917 wrote: »
    an MMO doesn't need PvP to be successful
    Well... actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

There may as well be no pvp in wow. It really is pathetic.

Also there was no Pvp in ff11. It's a pve game. It doesnt hide that fact.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There may as well be no pvp in wow. It really is pathetic.

Also there was no Pvp in ff11. It's a pve game. It doesnt hide that fact.

I must agree about the pvp in wow, its beyond lame, tagged on at the end pvp.
    Fantastic pve however which suits me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Agreed, there was no PvP in FF11, of that there can be no debate. Whether it was a particularly successful MMO or not is hotly debated.

And people who think WoW's PvP was tagged on at the end clearly has either forgotten or missed the Tarren Mill PvP rampages. For hours on end. Granted competitive PvP in Battlegrounds, Arenas and lately Wintersgrasp have been tagged on - but they are still leagues ahead of most MMOs with PvP out there. Let alone ones with zero PvP like FF14.

That said, based on the reviews I've read of the game and limited playtime I had with it, I'd say a lack of PvP is the least of it's worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Whether it was tagged on the end or not is irrelevant. Its dire which ever way you look at it.

Yeah FF is in a bad way, and I can't see it looking like a finished game untill march of next year when its console release closes in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lack of PvP would definitely turn me off the game, but since i was already turned off the game after playing the beta, it's not that big a deal.
    Ivan wrote: »
    And people who think WoW's PvP was tagged on at the end clearly has either forgotten or missed the Tarren Mill PvP rampages. For hours on end.

Ah god, how i miss those days. Back when people PvP'd for fun, rather then for epics. Defending Southshore to the last man, and being driven back to the beach after a load of horde turned up. Was fantastic fun. I remember being stuck in the main building (town hall?) with about 15 other players, trying to keep a load of horde away. Lots of dying, even more killing, and hours of fun.

Shame world PvP is completely dead now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

And people who think WoW's PvP was tagged on at the end clearly has either forgotten or missed the Tarren Mill PvP rampages

Agree about TM, the pvp there was great fun,WAS being the perfect word as world pvp is long dead unfortynately.
    We used to organise small raids of towns and villages etc,now that was fun out in the open world but battlegrounds and arena is just tripe imo.

Advertisement