Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third day but feeling really positive!

Options
  • 22-09-2010 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

I know it's early days but i've been off them since Sunday, and i really feel like I'm going to do it this time.

It's the second time i've tried to give up, the first being March two years ago. I had been off them for two months with my girlfriend, when we went on holidays to Las Vegas.
    Needless to say we didn't even make an effort to stay off them over there. What amazes me is how much time has gone by since we tried to give up last time,after promising ourselves we would only smoke for the duration of the holiday(yeah right).

So here i am again, but somehow it doesn't feel like the horrible twitchy, sweaty,narky,skin crawling place i was in a few years ago....... well ok maybe it does a little i am only human, but it honestly doesn't feel as bad this time round.

So heres to a smoke free second half to my life. And heres to me feeling half as optimistic tomorrow morning as i do this morning!

Good luck to you all!

Ian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Well done Ian. It only gets easier. Keep up the optomism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Christ on a bike, weighed myself this morning and I've put on 4 pounds since Sunday. I ploughed through a packet of chocolate chip cookies in about twenty minutes last night. Time to invest in lots of fruit me thinks.

Still off them and still as optimistic as yesterday!!! Go me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

\0/ for you!

Try not to worry about a couple of pounds for now but I suppose be aware of what you're eating. Drink boat-loads of water so you'll feel full and refreshed!

Well done you! I'm in the middle of week 9 and still holding tough, I even went on a total bender on Saturday last and smoking didn't enter my head. Amazing considering I smoked so much for so long. It's a vile habit!

I had a pretty rough time on the way home from work last night. I would normally cycle but as i had a puncture i had to get the bus. It was lashing rain so the bus crawled along and took me over an hour to get home. A Rage filled hour, my God i was like a demon all the way home, and wasn't much better when i got home. So I'll just take this opportunity to say sorry to my lovely girlfriend.

Then my dreams last night were so vivid, i don't remember the last time i could remember such detail from my dreams. What did i dream about? Of course, smoking. I felt so guilty each time i woke up as if i had really been smoking.

But here I am sitting at my desk in work after getting through the first hurdle of the day, the morning smoke.
    I'm kind of a bit stressed at the fact that it's the weekend. I can't even hide in my house because a friend is home from Oz for a few days and i will be expected to go to the pub.

Wish me Luck... Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Ian! How are we doing? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

hope you stayed off the smokes... ???

Hi guy's i meant to give an update during the week but it went out of my head. As i said i was going out last Saturday night and was worried that i would smoke.
    Well unfortuately i did. After all my big talk during the week, i had 4 smokes.:(
    But the good news is i haven't had one since, so when i wake up tomorrow i will be a week off them again.
    Nothing planned for this weekend so confidence is high once again.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 8 EJKING

that's the right attitude.. start again and if you're not heading out the weekend hopefully you'll find it alot easier.. Out of sight out of mind afterall..

TBH it really is a good idea to avoid the pub for the first few weeks, because like most people, it's usually when drinking that you have more temptation to have one. Give yourself a couple of alcohol few weeks and you might be less inclined to go out for one if you're had a a few really good smoke-free weeks!

Stick with it and best of luck :)

I got through the weekend without much hassle. Into second week now, think I'll go for a walk tonight.

Advertisement