Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz in carlow?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any regular quizzes in carlow?

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I give up, what's the answer :p

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tom traubert

terencemc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any regular quizzes in carlow?

T

I'm unaware of any regular quiz nights. There is a table quiz though next Thursday night (25th Nov.) in the G.A.A. Clubhouse in Ballinabranagh.

It's being organised and run by the Ballinabranagh / Milford Development Group to hopefully raise funds for the upkeep of the area. Anyone involved in Community Groups in the general Carlow area will be aware that the small grants that are available for that purpose are being squeezed for obvious reasons.

Usual format applies. Table of 4 is €40. I am unaware of the prize fund. I was contacted and asked to get a table together and thought there would be no harm in posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

your best chance is to keep watching for table quizzes. They are very regular around Carlow - for all the different causes.

I saw an ad for one coming up this week - no idea of details, except its starting at 7.30pm............ completely useless help there :o:o:o:o

Further to my last post above. Quiz is to start at 8.30pm. 1st prize - €100. 2nd - €60.

Should anyone be interested or want to enter a table in advance of the night PM me and I'll forward the contact person's details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

table quiz in askea parish centre on sat 27th nov at 8pm

For anyone who may be interested, there's a table quiz on this coming fri night, 8th April, in Carlow Rugby Club. Start time is advertised as 8.30pm. The irrepressible John O'Sullivan will act as quizmaster on the night. The e-mail I received doesn't list the prize fund but does say that a ball signed by Brian O'Driscoll is a prize on the night.

Teams of four (€40) are invited to turn up on the night as are individuals who may wish to make up a team with others.

Proceeds are for the continuing development of mini rugby facilities at the club.
    (Y'see, somebody does sometimes think of the children!)

Table Quiz on next Thursday night 1st Dec. in The Irishmans @ 8.30pm.

It's being organised by Bernard Jennings (the Optician) and friends, and proceeds are for the benefit of his Asante Kenyan Eye Charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Any Tables quiz's coming up in Carlow

Advertisement