Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Helping House Project

Options
  • 21-09-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Unusual request for the House Friends (Re) Build
    A good friend of mine has very recently fallen on very hard times. He is not working and has lost his home. He is in his 60’s. But he has come across an old property he has an opportunity to do up and live in.
    The property is in terrible shape. It needs everything a new roof, windows, doors, floors, electrics, plumbing, heating system etc. It is just basically four walls. Nobody has lived in the house with 50 years
    I am therefore seeking any donotations of good quality building materials to help with this project. Old building materials, lengths of timber, slates would really be appreciated. Everything is needed from nails to cement.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated. Can arrange collection. North Cork area only.
    If you don’t have any materials but are skilled in an area of building perhaps you could give some of your free time to the project.
    If you feel you have something to offer please p.m or post advice .
    This is not a scam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have you tried Jumble Town Perhaps for any materials.. It is a site to get rid off unwanted stuff for Free they might have some stuff for you, also I think it is FreeCycle Cork (only pants with this is you have to sing up to a yahoo account I think). If you send on your details to me I might be able to help out where the house is etc...

Advertisement