Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish course at night (Dublin area)?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I need to get on a structured Irish course for the next year. My problem is somewhat complex but hear me out. I have first year Irish in my BA. I need to complete that degree. That's my goal. I'm in Meath.

At present, there is no course around Dublin that I can start second year in. As I already have a full BA, I've been told that I have to do the part-time BA rather than another BA (I'm "adding" a subject). The next BA for second year part-time BA students (evening) starts in September 2012 in UCD. In September 2011 the intake of second year part-time BA (day) students in UCD begins. I'm working during the day.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to start my second year at night now. This does not appear to be possible so what I'm looking for is an Irish course at night, 2010 -2011, which is intensive and structured and which has a strong emphasis on written Irish grammar and the like (I want to be much more confident in my written Irish). Then next year or the year after I will start 2nd year (day) or 2nd year (night) of the BA respectively with more confidence.

Does anybody know any course which would be of help to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Check out Conradh na Gaeilge's classes (www.cnag.ie) They do them in Navan as well as in Dublin I think. Their classes tend to have different grades for different competencies in Irish. Otherwise check out links on classes on the Foras na Gaeilge website at irish.ie

Advertisement