Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No teletext on RTE 1 or 2 via a Sky+ HD box?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I'm not getting any teletext on RTE 1 or 2 via a Sky+ HD box. Should I be? Was getting text via a Sky standard box up to this. Was trying the text button on the TV's own remote control.

Comments

HDMI doesn't carry standard teletext, if you hook up a SCART cable or RF feed this should work. Not ideal but it's a workaround at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Had tried SCART and RF out as well. But no luck. Box is an Amstrad 890.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

you have to change the input on the tv everytime you want to watch it.

(ie change from hdmi to scart or rf.)

John mac wrote: »
    you have to change the input on the tv everytime you want to watch it.

(ie change from hdmi to scart or rf.)

Thanks. Have tried all connections. No text. Its a not a big problem. Can access it by terreestrial means. Just querying why the HD box can't.

You might need to set the SCART output to PAL to make it work, or press the TV button on the Sky remote while pointed at the box. I've seen many standard Sky boxes where text doesn't work in RGB mode.

• Advertisement

Powered the HD box off and on again at the mains. Text now available via SCART (on RGB setting still) and RF feeds! None on HDMI as you said above Karsini. Cheers!

No RTE teletext again this evening.

Separately, I notice BBC Red Button and Skytext services cannot be accessed via the Magic Eye from the HD box when the main TV is off (connected via HDMI). Strangely you have to have this TV on to access text via the Magic Eye. Threads on this in AV Forums, DS and skyuser.

Advertisement