Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Telsey Router

Options
  • 21-09-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im having a bit of trouble with a Magnet Telsey router.

I used to be with eircom but i changed to magnet and now i wish i didn't.

I cant assign my addresses using the telsey router like you could with the eircom netopia.

All my clients are on 192.168.-.- private addresses and i need to be able to assign them statically but magnet seem to assign DHCP addresses from a central sever rather then each router and can only be obtained automaticly. The client address are usually 87.168.33.--.

Whats that best way to get around this so i can keep my address range and still use the router and the default gateway?

Thanks
    John.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

jmc1546 wrote: »

Whats that best way to get around this so i can keep my address range and still use the router and the default gateway?

Thanks
    John.

Put a proper router between your machines and the Telsey. The Telsey is just a glorified bridge, with no control options.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im having a bit of trouble with a Magnet Telsey router.

I used to be with eircom but i changed to magnet and now i wish i didn't.

I cant assign my addresses using the telsey router like you could with the eircom netopia.

All my clients are on 192.168.-.- private addresses and i need to be able to assign them statically but magnet seem to assign DHCP addresses from a central sever rather then each router and can only be obtained automaticly. The client address are usually 87.168.33.--.

Thanks
    John.

Can I help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lig

Old thread.But will still try if Rory can help :

Trying to help a friend who's on Magnet.We have nearly given up...but one last try before he switches.

The DHCP clients are limited to 8 - including laptops/mobiles etc. I have established this by taking a few clients off the network and allowing others.

Can't access the swicth. Want to port forward to a NAS drive , with Fixed IPs. Can't do it.

Please help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's been three years, so don't go digging up old threads like this. Start a new one for your own issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement