Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineering Jobs USA and Canada - Help

Options
  • 21-09-2010 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am a recent Civil Engineering Grad with relatively little experience other than a 16 week industrial placement last summer in the UK.
    I had been researching Australia for the past while. I have been in touch with Engineers Ireland and Engineers Australia on the subject. I was advised against arriving over in Oz with a WHV with the hope of acquiring some engineering experience.
    My attention has now turned back to looking at Canada and the US. Of particular interest to me is the Internship/Prof. Development USA package that USIT offer. However you have to secure the internship with an American company yourself and this is proving to be quite difficult.
    Any advice that anybody could offer in possibly securing work in the US or Canada would be greatly appreciated. I am, like many of my peers at the moment willing to work anywhere to get some experience.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement