Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to visit Sipadan, Malaysia?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Folks,
    New to this forum, so if this question is breaking etiquette, many apologies.

My partner and I are considering visiting Sipadan for the first two weeks in November. We've been reading up on weather and are concerned that it's just about monsoon season at that time.

Has anyone had any experiences there at that time of year? We don't really want to go if it's gonna be grey skies, rain and rough seas all the time. I've done a little basic research and the commentaries tend to be a little vague, so was looking to hear if anyone has any personal experiences there.

Thanks in advance!
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

pmcevoy wrote: »
    Folks,
    New to this forum, so if this question is breaking etiquette, many apologies.

My partner and I are considering visiting Sipadan for the first two weeks in November. We've been reading up on weather and are concerned that it's just about monsoon season at that time.

Has anyone had any experiences there at that time of year? We don't really want to go if it's gonna be grey skies, rain and rough seas all the time. I've done a little basic research and the commentaries tend to be a little vague, so was looking to hear if anyone has any personal experiences there.

Thanks in advance!
    Pete

Pete,
    I'd give diving in November over there a miss if I were you. Many of the dive schools shut down completely during October and November. Guess it depends on the region but November will probably be the worst month in terms of visibility. If you're going that far, best that you go when you have a real experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pmcevoy

@mosstin - wow that sounds pretty severe! Do you have direct experience of that happening? I didn't think it would be that bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pmcevoy

Cheers @seadeuce! That's a nice website - lots of info. We may just change our plans to Indonesia!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Was in Sipadan in May - fantastic weather, fantastic diving!

• Advertisement
Advertisement