Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to Tralee from Dublin?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:26am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys i have to be in Tralee for 10.30am on Thursday. Google maps says it will be 4 hours going via limerick. Will this be accurate, will I run into any school traffic or anything? I'm almost considering going down the night before just to be sure.

How long does it usually take you guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

4 hours is fine.
    but if you have an appointment at 10:30 am, I'd give yourself maybe an additional 30 mins to allow for anything untoward / find your destination...
    you'll fine Adare to Tralee the slowest...
    don't forget the toll on the motorway at portlaoise.
    Zascar wrote: »
    Guys i have to be in Tralee for 10.30am on Thursday. Google maps says it will be 4 hours going via limerick. Will this be accurate, will I run into any school traffic or anything? I'm almost considering going down the night before just to be sure.

How long does it usually take you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

4 hours plenty . usually take about that , but it depends on how you drive,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

4 hours will be plenty from Newlands Cross/M50 but you'll be approaching Limerick about 8.30 ish and may meet slow traffic. Also - depends where in Tralee you're going. Traffic in the town (and parking) can be very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

You'll almost certainly make it in less than three and a half hours, probably less. Don't go by Listowel, go by Adare (in case you were considering that). Depends on where specifically in Tralee you're going of course, some places would be much quicker to get to than others.

let us know how it went...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Took me 4 hours 10 minutes to get down in total from Door to Door. The traffic getting off the M50 was terrible, and after a few miles down the N7 when it got better, the heavens opened and it p1ssed down, slowing traffic considerably. I stopped for petrol and for mcdonalds drive through, so overall it was fine really.

Amazingly, on the way back it only took me 3 hours, and I was not going any faster, even my satnav on my phone said 3 hours. Was a much nicer drive too

ah, yes... welcome to our world...
    here's hoping castleisland bypass, limerick-nenagh & nenagh-castletown make a big difference!
    Zascar wrote: »
    Took me 4 hours 10 minutes to get down in total from Door to Door. The traffic getting off the M50 was terrible, and after a few miles down the N7 when it got better, the heavens opened and it p1ssed down, slowing traffic considerably. I stopped for petrol and for mcdonalds drive through, so overall it was fine really.

Amazingly, on the way back it only took me 3 hours, and I was not going any faster, even my satnav on my phone said 3 hours. Was a much nicer drive too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Hi guys, heading to Killarney next Saturday. Do you know roughly how long it would take from Dublin city centre to Killarney? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Daisy! wrote: »
    Hi guys, heading to Killarney next Saturday. Do you know roughly how long it would take from Dublin city centre to Killarney? Thanks.

On Saturdays 4 hours will be plenty from Newlands Cross - you'll need to factor in your own estimate for the city centre to Newlands. The road from Castleisland to Farranfore is the worst part but otherwise its a good road all of the way.

Daisy,
    when done, will you post up time please?
    hopefully, opening of birdhill-limerick will make a difference.
    roll on castleisland bypass and final section of m7!!!!

thanks.
    Daisy! wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

fresca wrote: »
    Daisy,
    when done, will you post up time please?
    hopefully, opening of birdhill-limerick will make a difference.
    roll on castleisland bypass and final section of m7!!!!

thanks.

It took me four hours and 5 minutes. That was with no stops and I'm not a slow driver by any means. There was a bit of traffic alright so that may have slowed me down a bit. But 4 hours isn't too bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Took myself and the brother about 3h 45m from Parnell Street to Killarney the other week. Took the motorway down to Mitchelstown and then on through Mallow.

Advertisement