Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stargate Auction. Read: a Stargate is on Auction

• 21-09-2010 6:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭

Catalog Here: http://www.propworx.com/stargate-auction-catalog/

This is coming up apparently later this week. If interested, register like Now.

I would go for one or two things but honestly, do I need O'Niell's sunglasses if they're going to bid in excess of $800? No I don't. And concept art while pretty is just... bah. The Harmony Portrait will also I think way outbid the expected tag. This will be for the hardcore rich-nerds. And one lucky Megageek will probably run off with the complete fiberglass off-world stargate to his very own, if he can find $100k to do it with. Good luck finding a mother's basement large enough to stow it: It has a full diameter of 26'4" and I'm not sure that includes the metal Stands (Stairs not included)

http://gizmodo.com/5643108/you-too-can-own-a-stargate-for-100000/gallery/

56854465um7.jpg

jacksg3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

There is a lot of nice stuff in that catalogue - no puddle jumper or F302 though :(:pac:. Everything is going - suprised I didnt see a kitchen sink!!

On another note, seeing as theyre selling off all the SGA stuff, does this mean the Atlantis movie is not going to go ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Lot 718, The generals chair!!!!!

I didn't see the atlantis chair in there!!!

RONANS GUN!!!! doesn't look hard rubber in the show!!

My god they really are selling everything!!! There is probably something that will barley fetch anything that would be great to have!! Just to say you have something from the show!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

How I'd love that briefing table................THE BREIFING TABLE FFS!:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Okay is it morally wrong for me to consider selling thousands of people into slavery so that I can afford these props? The way I see it, it would be a nice nod to the System Lord's slavery so it'd be ethically okay. Anyone want to join me?

I mean I could own a MALP. A frickin' MALP!
    I could own the Ark of Truth
    I could own a Zat gun!
    I could own Apophis' Helmet!
    For crying out loud, I could own A STARGATE!

I ask you, what does the happiness and well being of five thousand people (or so) matter in the face of such things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

ixoy wrote: »
    Okay is it morally wrong for me to consider selling thousands of people into slavery so that I can afford these props? The way I see it, it would be a nice nod to the System Lord's slavery so it'd be ethically okay. Anyone want to join me?

I could own a Zat gun!

I ask you, what does the happiness and well being of five thousand people (or so) matter in the face of such things?

I'm in!!!

I say we get some rich guy to buy everything and a few cameras while he is at it. Then we make are own stargate SG-1 and Atlantis shows!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

uhm im pretty sure the auction is happening tomorrow so unless you registered... :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Overheal wrote: »
    uhm im pretty sure the auction is happening tomorrow so unless you registered... :pac:
    Maybe my future self bought the Stargate by waiting until there was a solar flare, and then went back in time so that he could buy the gate. So there - that's how I'm going to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Overheal wrote: »
    It has a full diameter of 26'4" and I'm not sure that includes the metal Stands (Stairs not included)

DHD included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

So has anyone here taken part in this auction or the most recent one last month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ixoy wrote: »

I could own a Zat gun!

I dunno, these things look good on screen but often look rubbish in real life.

On another note, this would seem to make it official that Stargate is gone and not coming back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wonder if some rich sad git's now sitting there all day long, locking chevrons and going nowhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I wonder if some rich sad git's now sitting there all day long, locking chevrons and going nowhere?

can just picture it, him all excited..

"chevron six encoded, chevron seven...will not lock:eek:"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

I dont want to even imagine what happens when it does lock! :P

Seriously though. I know some museums have been bidding in the auctions of BSg and maybe SG so who knows where we might see the gate in a while.

Advertisement