Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband more vital than food, Survey

Options
  • 20-09-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

A survey poll stated by Sky News has hinted that people would prefer Keeping their Broadband at all costs. Even if it means Not buying food. Or having Warm Water.

The Sky poll, involved a survey of 1,000 respondents, it was stated that broadband is something of vital essence to people, where the importance of faster connectivity is above than food.

Research analyst Michael Garland, through Sky News reports said: "Many Sky News Panel respondents indicated increasing concern over the impact that the current economic climate is having on their financial situation."

It was further added that many people browse with the fear tagged with job security, integrated with rising costs for commodities such as food and drink, petrol, and electricity and gas which has caused a thought for money inflow. Many become patients of insomnia, moodiness and even ill health due to such situation.

Another poll done by Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank claimed that 93 per cent of people considered the last option to part with their Internet connection.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

RobitTV wrote: »
    It was further added that many people browse with the fear tagged with job security, integrated with rising costs for commodities such as food and drink, petrol, and electricity and gas which has caused a thought for money inflow.

What a clusterfuck of a sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Confirms what I've long suspected about people who watch Sky News...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I got broadband just last year after nearly a decade on dialup. I think this survey is pretty accurate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

thread needs poll but yes i am the addict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

tolosenc wrote: »
    Confirms what I've long suspected about people who watch Sky News...

Which is probably most people I would say to a certain extent ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What does the internet taste like?

Someone will not see this bit & post - chicken - I guarantee it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

God pity the fools. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I was over in someones's house earlier trying to sort out their very old laptop with a dial up connection. I was ready to throw myself out of the window after 5 minutes. Broadband is the best thing ever :D

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I was over in someones's house earlier trying to sort out their very old laptop with a dial up connection. I was ready to throw myself out of the window after 5 minutes. Broadband is the best thing ever :D

You should have thrown their laptop out the window & told them to join the 21st Century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You should have thrown their laptop out the window & told them to join the 21st Century.

I thought about it, but it meant unplugging a lot of tangled up cables. Throwing myself out would've been quicker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I believe that in Hell their is only dial-up available. It is after all the most evil connection none to man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No Internet No Beer makes JonJo goe crazy:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I thought I was the only one who felt like this. Better to be hungry and internet-ed than full and no internet-ed.

It's like that episode of South Park ... hordes of families heading west, in search of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i like food a lot more then the internet i can live without it i cant live without food

sky88 wrote: »
    i like food a lot more then the internet i can live without it i cant live without food

Freak :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Food FTW but was without broadband for a month a while back and was goin crazy. Scary how dependant you become on technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It was further added that many people browse with the fear tagged with job security, integrated with rising costs for commodities such as food and drink, petrol, and electricity and gas which has caused a thought for money inflow. Many become patients of insomnia, moodiness and even ill health due to such situation.

That honestly sounds like some sort of NLP command. I should know, I'm an NLP practitioner.

Food FTW but was without broadband for a month a while back and was goin crazy. Scary how dependant you become on technology.

If you didn't have food for a month, you'd probably have died.

There's a man on Frontline demanding broadband from the government :pac:

Kinda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Im curios how dependent on the internet are we as a nation? I personally do most of my shopping, bill paying, facebook etc all online when i used to do most of this stuff with real people in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

God pity the fools. Amen.

I think you’ll find that was Mr.T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

hello932 wrote: »
    I personally do most of my shopping, bill paying, facebook etc all online

Have to agree with you, tend to find myself doing most of my facebook online as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'd rather **** than have broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

orourkeda wrote: »
    I'd rather **** than have broadband

I'd rather jack than Fleetwood mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

By sheer coincidence, Sky is seeking to become a major provider of broadband services in the UK.
    Who the hell values dataflow over food? This isn't S Korea...

Ah, yeah it's clearly skewered for commercial purposes but I think it's true that people now see internet access as a necessity, rather than a luxury and will sacrifice other things to try to keep it when times get tough. For me it would definitely be one of the last things to go, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I ate my laptop last night after reading this thread, wasn't as nice as the hang sangwich I was gonna have, plus shiitin' the keyboard out this morn left me ould chocolate fudge canal with a hint of a raspberry 'jus' in it so I think it's safe to say that food is defo more important than broadband!

kfallon wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that food is defo more important than broadband!

Fat b*stard :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fat b*stard :pac:

Cheeky fooker :D
    I am not fat!

Advertisement