Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymahon Hot air Balloon chamionship.

Options
  • 20-09-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering about the balloon event. Does anyone know the times of events or has anyone went out to it? From the website i saw last nights event was cancelled due to the weather.

I saw there are a couple of take off areas around the county, Granard and Ardagh Does anyone have any further info. on this?

http://www.ballooningireland.ie/ibc/events.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 devais

Yea the website is pretty poor on information:( Was going to Mullingar this evening at 6.30pm and loads of balloons between Rathowen and Ballinalack just floating overhead of the road. Lots of cars pulled in to take pictures - it was a lovely sight as it was such a nice clear evening, reminded me of when I was a young wan:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

I'm at my Dad's house right beside where it's taking place.
    It was delayed by a few hours yesterday because of the breeze but they eventually set off 40 balloons.

It was great, the memories of when they did it years ago came back.

I'll upload some pics later on.

Irish times article from today:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0921/1224279369200.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭baldbear

I headed out to Newcastle house yesterday around 5. It was a nice sunny evening and just by luck i made it for take off! Heres a few pics i took on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Pity I wasnt up that part of the country. I havent seen these in years. I would love one..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dauphin_army

baldbear wrote: »
    I headed out to Newcastle house yesterday around 5. It was a nice sunny evening and just by luck i made it for take off! Heres a few pics i took on my phone.

Nice photos, I'm the pilot of the clown. It's called Mr.Clown. Website is www.mrclown.

D.A

• Advertisement
Advertisement