Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard meh

Options
  • 20-09-2010 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does it take a while for blackboard to update itself with your enrolment info, because it's still telling me I'm not enrolled in any courses. Should I wait it out or contact Admissions asap?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Depending on what course you are doing, you might not even need to use blackboard. For the last two years for my course I have used it for two subjects. So, i won't worried about not being enroled.That is unless a lecturer tells you that they will be using blackboard and they haven't enroled you for the course on it. In that case you should just talk to the lecturer and I think they can sort it out.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Make sure your modules are correct when you registered, I completed my registration last week, but somehow I'm still missing my elective modules, which I had chosen.

If not, and the lecturer is using blackboard, you can enroll yourself onto the course - log into blackboard and on the left hand side there should be "browse catalogue", go into that, choose ID from the drop down box that says name and put in the module code. Make sure the one you enroll on is prefixed 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

When you registered online did you pick your subjects? If not, you may not be registered for any subjects and you might have to go to students records in the west wing. that's what i had to do today and hopefully now my modules & all that will be up on blackboard tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

mariebeth wrote: »
    When you registered online did you pick your subjects? If not, you may not be registered for any subjects and you might have to go to students records in the west wing. that's what i had to do today and hopefully now my modules & all that will be up on blackboard tomorrow.

Well the subjects are fixed for this year and the confirmation of registration does list the subjects I'm doing, so I would assume I'm registered for them. However everyone in my course I've talked to has the same problem, so it may simply be that the lecturers haven't fully registered the course on it or something.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It could be that the lecturer simply hasn't released the course to ye yet! One of my lecturers would do that, have all the stuff up at the start, but release it week by week to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

None of my 12 modules have been added to my blackboard either..still have all the stuff from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

I'm first year biochem, we don't get a choice of modules in first year so I'm wondering if we still have to register for each individual module?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

I'm doing biochem too, i've only got two so far, so i assume they'll be added in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    I'm first year biochem, we don't get a choice of modules in first year so I'm wondering if we still have to register for each individual module?
    Aoi wrote: »
    I'm doing biochem too, i've only got two so far, so i assume they'll be added in the next few days.

I'm Second year Biochem
    You don't register at all,its up to the lecturer's to register you in there classes so you just have to wait till they get around to doing that,should have them all by the end of next week.And not all lecturers use Blackboard,watch out for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

Our lecturer had a word with the admins and we're enrolled now. Perhaps if you know your lecturer is using Blackboard it might be best that you notify him that you're not seeing anything?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Blackboard in general is has a fairly poor UI. I've done a few Open University courses and they've a better interface and delivery system, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Bah, ended up printing reams of the wrong stuff:mad::o:mad: Our lecturer had told us that she had put the stuff on blackboard but forgot to mention that last years stuff was on still it, printed off 22 pages of the wrong thing before I realised.

Advertisement