Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos was the band busking on Shop st today?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Think their name was keyquest or keyboard???
    Tagged:

Comments

Key West.

They're brilliant, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yup, it's Keywest. They're very good. Bought their "Live at Oxegen" cd when I heard them on Shop St, think it's the first time I've bought a cd from buskers. They're playing a gig in Monroe's soon if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Yup, it's Keywest. They're very good. Bought their "Live at Oxegen" cd when I heard them on Shop St, think it's the first time I've bought a cd from buskers. They're playing a gig in Monroe's soon if I'm not mistaken.

Just don't let Glen Close's evil twin the uber-vigilant community warden catch you buying one! She 'documented' via photo, a friend playing the fiddle 'on suspicion he was illegaly selling cds of violin music' (he wasn't) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

inisboffin wrote: »
    Just don't let Glen Close's evil twin the uber-vigilant community warden catch you buying one! She 'documented' via photo, a friend playing the fiddle 'on suspicion he was illegaly selling cds of violin music' (he wasn't) :p

Jesus, she must have nothing better for doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah Key West.

They've been playing Shop Street a lot. They're good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

I heard them too. Thought they we're brilliant. If anyone knows when and where they are playing can you let the rest of us know. Would be interested in hearing more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

They're from Dublin and are trying to raise money to head to L.A. next month to record their first studio album with The Killers' producer (can't think of his name).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seen them a few times outside Town House bar in the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

soundbyte wrote: »
    They're from Dublin and are trying to raise money to head to L.A. next month to record their first studio album with The Killers' producer (can't think of his name).

If he's producing them, surely that means they have a contract? Which means they should have enough money to go?

Really don't see the attraction and why so many gather around to watch them. They're a decent covers band. That's about it.

However, they seem like nice, level-headed lads and I wish them the best over in LA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,844 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Jesus, she must have nothing better for doing.

It's her job: 'tis what the council (ie the folks we elected) want her to do, because the the retailers who (sometimes!) pay the rates get annoyed about unfair competition.

A photo like that is useless, though, unless it's clearly got a sign that say's "CD's E10" (or whatever). Street performers can accept donations in exchange for pieces of their work, they just can't charge fixed prices.

I think the story goes is that the Killers' producer has agreed to record their stuff for free, so there mightn't be any exchanging of money as such. So they are trying to raise the funds to go over there for a month to record.

When I first saw them they must have made about 150€ in 15 minutes, with people buying their CDs. They're brilliant though and well deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I haven't been in town in ages..have they been around Galway for a while.
    I caught a bit of a band recently outside Townhouse, they were very tight but it was all covers.
    I assume these guys do originals too (youtube won't open on this computer sorry)? I don't mind a mix of covers in any live band, but really prefer half originals at least. Covers make the money for (non trad) buskers tho:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I heard these guys in Buskers last Thursday night and thought they were terrible. Every single song they play has the same boring tempo. No matter what song they attempt to cover they slow it down and sing it in the same way. Some drunk guy actually got up and sang two U2 songs and for some reason the rest of the band actually rose to the occasion and played really well. Then the lead singer came back they returned to the boring monotone covers.

I'd loved to have heard their original stuff though..

Advertisement