Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung spica I5700 GPS

Options
  • 19-09-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi I have just back from holiday in Italy, i was looking forward to using the GPS so for once i would not get lost.

My thought of GPS was that it uses satellites to track where you are, and yes this phone sort of did that my problem was that if i turned off Data Roaming and Background Data (as i can not afford the mobile phone roaming prices) then the map did not load so could not see where on the map i was.

I was using both Google Maps (which came with the phone) and Navigation. I thought the maps were downloaded to the phone but it looks like you have to be connected to a mobile/wireless network to download the maps.

does anyone know of a maps that can be downloaded to the SD card so not needing to connect to a mobile/wireless network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Mapdroyd is probably the easiest, there are some off the the top of my head that download the Google Map tiles: OffMaps, BigPlanet, OruxMaps, Maps+ and probably others but those map tiles eat up SD card space big time.
    However MapDroyd doesn't support navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Funkiwi75

Thanks BopNiblets I have downloaded it and have tried it with setting the phone to airplane mode, maps still show and GPS works, just need to wait till the next time i go overseas to see how well it works

Advertisement