Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation within stud partitions

Options
  • 19-09-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Got 4" stud partitions upstairs, which I intend to pack out with something like Rockwool flexi. Just wondering what people generally do with regard to insulating around electrical cables running in the partitions. Do they pack the openings out fully and surround the cables with insulation?
    I know the recommendations are to run the cables in the attic above the insulation, but I have been told that it is ok to surround the cables in the partitions with insulation (that older types of insulation reacted with the cable insulation, but that this is not a problem with modern insulations!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I know from most of the slabbing i've done that the insulation goes in and that's it.
    Worth checking with your spark and the insulation provider what they say - 2 min conversation could solve the problem

Advertisement