Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Parking

Options
  • 19-09-2010 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap/free to park in the evenings (after 7pm). I have some presentations at UCC for a few weeks and although I grew up around the corner from it I'm not sure where's best to park. I do know the residents don't like it when you park on the street outside their houses though :P

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

pow wow wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap/free to park in the evenings (after 7pm). I have some presentations at UCC for a few weeks and although I grew up around the corner from it I'm not sure where's best to park. I do know the residents don't like it when you park on the street outside their houses though :P

Thanks.

After 7pm parking is free isnt it? Park where you want around UCC as long as you dont cause an obstruction to a drive way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yeah street parking is free after 6.30 but I parked on one of the streets this week in one of the designated spots and when I got back the woman whose house it was out front of came out giving it loads about how it was her spot, even though she had a driveway :rolleyes: I don't know what the situation is with the UCC car parks, I can't find any prices or opening hours on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sandybum

All barriers to carparks should be open at that time and its free to park in them. There will be plenty of spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

pow wow wrote: »
    Yeah street parking is free after 6.30 but I parked on one of the streets this week in one of the designated spots and when I got back the woman whose house it was out front of came out giving it loads about how it was her spot, even though she had a driveway :rolleyes: I don't know what the situation is with the UCC car parks, I can't find any prices or opening hours on the website.

As long as you aren't causing an obstruction to a driveway you are free to park there. They don't own the space outside there house as many of them think. But what sandybum said is probably easier anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

sandybum wrote: »
    All barriers to carparks should be open at that time and its free to park in them. There will be plenty of spaces

not any more - new regime from tomorrow

€2 on exit for all car parks that used to be free in the evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

jacko1 wrote: »
    not any more - new regime from tomorrow

€2 on exit for all car parks that used to be free in the evening
    Was so much easier when it was free. You can park on Donovans road or anywhere in that area, far as I know there are normally a few spaces around there and its almost all students so noones going to say anything.

Advertisement