Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chase durer command, broken screw down lock

Options
  • 19-09-2010 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have the above watch a good few years now, never really wore it much but notice the screw down lock thing is f***ed.! (its dangling out and should be flush with the bezel) It will obviously leak water now, any idea if this can be repaired and would it cost a lot.?

Its working fine but just curious.

ta!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I had an old rolex like that. 60 years of wear had knackered it. I was lucky in that the threads on the case side were fine, it was the crown was worn. So I could get a crown, otherwise new case time. Expense. :eek: Still pricey though. I'm not familiar with how it might work on your watch and what bit requires replacing. Maybe someone else would have a name of a good place to get an estimate.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 alantul

Wibbs wrote: »
    I had an old rolex like that. 60 years of wear had knackered it. I was lucky in that the threads on the case side were fine, it was the crown was worn. So I could get a crown, otherwise new case time. Expense. :eek: Still pricey though. I'm not familiar with how it might work on your watch and what bit requires replacing. Maybe someone else would have a name of a good place to get an estimate.

the threaded part on the case is a case tube , that can be replaced , it comes out of the case so when the time comes (excuse the pun) you will be fine!!

Advertisement