Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewire help in galway

Options
  • 18-09-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I picked up a sony pd150 on adverts recently.
    I cant get any kind of connection on two laptops or a desktop with a new firewire card.
    I've tried 3 different 4 pin to 4 pin firewire cables.
    Does anybody have any advice, or is there anybody local who could let me use their connection to test so that I at least make sure the camera firewire port is working?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

try posting on Filmmakers Network (you need to register as with any other forums), they have a dedicated forum for Galway filmmakers. Someone on there should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

Cheers for the advice.
    I got it sorted though, turns out that some cheap firewire cables dont work with sony cameras.
    The sony ones are not wired straight through like the cheapies.
    I'm really surprised that all the googling I did turned up only one random post in a huge thread regarding the issue.

Advertisement