Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Bar Licence

Options
  • 18-09-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

I dont know if I have this in the right place but I live very close to a pub, they used to a late bar licence but they stopped the late bar a couple of months ago. I've heard lately that they plan to re open the late bar , without doing the obvious and calling in and asking is there any way I can find out if this is going ahead.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Check recent local/other newspapers, the application for a licence extension should be notified there. Not sure of the notice requirements but I think it's a month at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

As far as I'm aware the Pub needs to apply to the courts for a late licence. I think the Gardai need to be in court to approve or disappove the application to the courts? Try dropping into or calling you local station and see if they will give you any info? They may even take you concerns on board if you have any? I'm not sure how accurate this information is but I have a vague memory that the Gardai need to be involved for such applications.

Yeah, for sure they are involved. I think they have to be present in court to object/not object as the case may be. Or maybe they only go to object, I'm not sure.

I suppose I only suggested the paper thing because you might be able to search online easier and see if it's a rumour or if there's an actual application. The Gardaí will definitely know, as they'll have to be notified to allow them to object or not as the case may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

After hours of trawling the net I found it - on loadza.com
    The bottom of the application names superintendants from two Garda stations , fire chief and a solicitors office, would that mean the Garda and the fire chief have no objections?

Not necessarily, they're probably named as they are the notice parties, ie the law requires that they are notified of the application. They can still object if they have grounds and you won't know unless you either attend the court hearing or contact the Garda station / fire officer and they tell you their position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

As far as I'm aware the Pub needs to apply to the courts for a late licence.
    Yeah, even niteclubs do (well some do not sure if all of them), I was surprised to hear this, seems like a waste of effort, I heard club 92 were rejected theirs last good friday, i.e. to open at midnight, they must reapply every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Sounds like the OP wants to make sure that the late bar doesn't resume

Advertisement