Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Taylor wins

Options
  • 18-09-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Katie Taylor wins boxing world championship for the third time in a row :D:D:D:D:D
    Well done Katie a supreme athlete and Wicklow woman hopefully she will get a lot of praise for her achievement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Beautiful. Delighted for her! Well done Katie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Well done to her. flies the flag for Ireland with true spirit.
    Absolutely delighted, had a tough semi but stayed with it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

Well done Katie watched you live on web winning again, youre a credit to your family and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Congratulations Katie! Fantastic achievement and a great role-model for the youngsters in Bray, Wicklow and Ireland in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Congrats to Katie anreat and her Dad for another great win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fantastic achievement. Heartiest congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Brilliant result for a great Champion and person!

Well done Katie!!

18 - 5 :eek:

Roll on London!!

Pity the media here don't feel the same way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

was anyone at the reception last night in Bray?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Absolutely thrilled with Katie's win, she is a true hero and inspiration to young Irish people, particularly young women.

However, absolutely disgusted with the media, what's a girl gotta do to get on the TV?!?! 3 times world champion and they've never shown any of her fights on the TV, suppose streaming her final live on the net was a step in the right direction.

I also hear the Brits were trying to pouch her, wouldn't blame her for going if she got more recognition over there!

Advertisement