Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English teachers in the Institute?

Options
  • 18-09-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

I'm in 6th year (just arrived) and the teacher I picked for drama doesn't actually do Hamlet, he expects us to have done it last year and this year is a top up of what we learned last year.
    I can't get a straight answer off anyone I know there about what teacher starts the play from scratch or at least realises that some people didn't do it the year before. So I'm really hoping someone on here who either goes or went to the Institiute can help me with this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Aoifums wrote: »
    I'm in 6th year (just arrived) and the teacher I picked for drama doesn't actually do Hamlet, he expects us to have done it last year and this year is a top up of what we learned last year.
    I can't get a straight answer off anyone I know there about what teacher starts the play from scratch or at least realises that some people didn't do it the year before. So I'm really hoping someone on here who either goes or went to the Institiute can help me with this.
    Forget his name:confused: I presume you're talking about Patrick whatever. Cian Hogan perhaps? He does it from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Yep. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post teachers names. I saw a mod remove some before and so I wasn't sure on posting his name.
    Cheers for that :)

Yep. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post teachers names. I saw a mod remove some before and so I wasn't sure on posting his name.
    Cheers for that :)
    That's only if you're slagging them off:rolleyes: Yup should be grand then.

I had P. McCormack (I think) He never even told us his name :rolleyes: Seems like a great teacher but he just assumed he'd have his students from last year and no one else. The one day of notes I got from him are fantastic though.

I had P. McCormack (I think) He never even told us his name :rolleyes: Seems like a great teacher but he just assumed he'd have his students from last year and no one else. The one day of notes I got from him are fantastic though.
    You're only supposed to go to him if you were in 5th there. You'll love Cian. Funniest man ever?

• Advertisement

It wasn't marked that way on the timetable :rolleyes:

Love the question mark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I had Cian Hogan and he does the complete play from start to finish.
    He's pretty cool as well! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Yep Cian does it from scratch but usually the other teacher does too, he has 2 seperate sets of classes, one for people he taught last year and one for new people

Advertisement