Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solar panels

Options
  • 18-09-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

im in need of help i would like some advise on what size solar panel i need for my shed. im going to need enough power to run 1 light 2 poultry incubators for 24 hours a day and 2 heat lamps for my brooders theses lights would be on 24 hours a day
    thanks darrcowsmile.gif
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

And the power requirement of the lights, incubators and lamps are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Incubators can't afford to lose power at all - nor brood lamps, or you'll end up with a heap of rotton eggs and dead ducks (maybe chicks, but dead ducks has a more familiar ring to it).

Will you have a backup generator? If so, you can sail closer to the wind on the solar PV capacity. I would also recommend insulating the housing and the incubators to reduce power requirement.

As mothman suggests though, if you come back with what wattage you plan to use for the two lamps, and an estimate of the daily consumption of the incubator, what you need can be worked out OK.

Advertisement