Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission - 40ft container

Options
  • 17-09-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi

Just a quickie, do I need planning permission to puit a 40ft container on my property for storage purposes?

Regards

TomC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

as far as i know you dont because it is not a permenant structure but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

tomc wrote: »
    Hi

Just a quickie, do I need planning permission to puit a 40ft container on my property for storage purposes?

Regards

TomC
    If it's for storage purposes for the house build, then yes you can put it on site for the build.

If it's for storage purposes while you are living on the property, then no, you need planning permission for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Ok, to clarify a little further, the land is owned by a club/association that i represent and we would like to use a 40ft for storage indefinetly, nobody lives in the land and we want to put the container beside an existing 2 story building?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You need planning permission for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You need planning permission for that.
    Agreed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement