Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Security Alarm

Options
  • 17-09-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Folks,

I live in an old 2 storey house where the thoughts of chasing walls to run alarm cabling does not appeal to me, but the fact of the matter is I need to install an alarm.

Would anyone be able to confirm if the wireless alarm systems are good enough and could a wireless system be recommended to me?

Also is it difficult to intall a wireless alarm system and could you recommend where I can pick one up either on a website or in a shop?

Cheers,
    Begby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Here is a link to the HKC wire free alarm system. The sensors all use 2-way Wireless technology. Secure keyfobs also for arming/disarming or just use the keypad. It uses the 868frequency. Two way wire free internal plus external bell so no need to run cables there either.

Check out the suppliers list here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The HKC Securewave & The Europlex SigNET are about the best. Both would also give you the option for extending the range of you have any issues with reception.

Advertisement