Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any sites that have old pics of the city

Options
  • 17-09-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

looking for old pics of the city centre, William st particularly

any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

limerickslife.com have some old photos. Great website.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

There's one of william st on the site that was suggested..

Any where you'd get good (quality & size) of the power station in ardnacrusha during constuction etc??

thanks - ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭adaminho

The National library of Ireland website has loads of photos of limerick. http://www.nli.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

limerickslife.com have some old photos. Great website.

great website:)

1850 convictions were great to go through, dont think if you done anything like that know nothing would happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

I got these a few years back on an email. They are powerpoint slides of Limerick, I had to zip them to attach them, have never done this beofre so here's hoping they'll work ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

British Pathe is a treasure chest for finding old timey videos if you are interested.

This is my favourite although I can't find any sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

phog wrote: »
    I got these a few years back on an email. They are powerpoint slides of Limerick, I had to zip them to attach them, have never done this beofre so here's hoping they'll work ok.
    Its funny seeing the cars go the wrong way up Henry street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 griangraf

memorylanelimerick.com its Stroll down memory lanes website, just checked it there so it seems to be done at the mo. they usually have 100s of pictures all over limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Spotted this and taught it may have some interest here.
    FREE in the Limerick Leader's weekend edition this week you'll find another souvenir supplement with superb pictures of Limerick city and county from the past - and the same scenes as they are in 2010.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/FREE-THIS-WEEK-Another-superb.6612599.jp

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement