Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Zyxel Modem P660hw-t1 v3, port forwarding

Options
  • 17-09-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Guys,
    I am trying to set my NAT settings to open for Xbox live. I have to forward the ports:
    TCP 80,
    UDP 88,
    UDP 3074,
    TCP 3074,
    UDP 53,
    TCP 53.

However i cannot enter TCP 3074 and TCP 53 as the router site says that I am duplicating the port.
    I have entered it as:
    Service Name: TCP
    Start Port: 3074
    End Port: 3074
    as these are the only options available.

Can anyone help me as both eircom and microsoft keep passing me back and forth and eircom wont tell me how to forward ports because "they cant".

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Can u do it by putting in the ip address of the xbox...maybe set a DMZ? Some routers give this option. Are the ports not opening automatically? You'd only need to open the ports if you were having trouble with XBL.

AlternAtively, try a program called simple port forwarding. Type in the ports and it does it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 YarisGTI

Yeah I was forwarding it for Xbox Live cos i kept losing the connection but have changed the timout settings so gonna see if that works now. Port Forward said they would charge €25 to do it so dont think ill be using them when they were supposed to be free

YarisGTI wrote: »
    Yeah I was forwarding it for Xbox Live cos i kept losing the connection but have changed the timout settings so gonna see if that works now. Port Forward said they would charge €25 to do it so dont think ill be using them when they were supposed to be free

Dud u try www.portforward.com.

There's tutorials there for xbox live and specific routers

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

make sure to set your fire wall to low on those routers for XBL to work properlly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I am using the same modem/router and while I have other problems with it disconnections ) , I don't have this problem . I am connected using Ethernet and have not needed to open any ports for XBL to work . Are you connected through wireless ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 YarisGTI

Yeah its connected via wireless to the main router. I am trying to open the NAT settings but still cant get them to open. I forwarded the ports using the portforward program but no joy. Its annoying because I cant play my friends in online games in madden and the internet used to keep cutting out in the middle of games as well. Any ideas?

YarisGTI wrote: »
    Yeah its connected via wireless to the main router. I am trying to open the NAT settings but still cant get them to open. I forwarded the ports using the portforward program but no joy. Its annoying because I cant play my friends in online games in madden and the internet used to keep cutting out in the middle of games as well. Any ideas?

Heres how to set your NAT type to "open" for xbox live

http://www.xbox360forum.com/xbox-forum/threads/51908-How-To-Open-NAT.-xbox-360.

Or Miicrosofts advice:
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?id=979000&lcid=1033

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmdqQstkOqs

its just a little different as its V2 but you will get it. not working properly for me though, only works with the fire wall off, dont really want to do that.

Advertisement