Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask Mahatma Coat

Options
  • 17-09-2010 9:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

I would be in favour of the 'Ask Mahatma Coat a question' sticky.

Fire away with the Questions So:D:D:D:D

Altho we tried this before whe I was a Mod her and it didnt go all that well :(

People may be confused by what Yekahs meant, I wasnt advocating a specific thread to ask questions in, more an amendment to the Charter and a Sticky outlining to Random N00bs that it is positivley encourtaged to start a thread on ANY topic you think may have a CT angle, some of our best threads here have come from Random Topics stared by People in that manner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Where's wally?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Who shot Monty Burns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Do they bury people with their braces on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Posts moved to stop them cloggin up the Megathreads thread

Have fun, it might not remain open for long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

What happens when a snake swallows its tail. Also, is it true that if you search the word google on google that the internet breaks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Who shot JR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If our own Sun's gravitational force is holding the Earth in place, revolving as such in it's own orbit, what is holding the Sun in place and does our solar system move at all and if so, in what direction and why ?

If I'm falling from the sky from within a container that weighs the same or only slightly heavier than me, why, if I'm not attached in any physical way to that container, can I not just step out of the container just before the point of impact and survive the fall unharmed in any way ?

In the same scenario as above but the container weighs considerably more than me and the speed at which it accelerates forces my body to the top end of the container facing away from the ground, if the same container then released a hefty parachute before it hit the ground, while I stepped out of the container before it actually hit the ground (lets say a couple of feet before it hit) would I survive or would the continued falling motion effect my body more so than it would the container that had the parachute attached and if so (or not...) why ?

The Theory of Evolution, it is after all just a a theory yet there are factual stories and evidence pointing to it's basis as a factually correct piece of work, even in human beings with some (like me thankfully) evolving enough to not be born with wisdom teeth (or an appendix for example) as those bodily items have no real requirement any more in the human race - yet it is still widely regarded by most still to be just a theory rather than a true, factual and proven scientific explanation as to the origins of life itself on our planet - why is this ?

That'll keep you busy for half an hour anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Nehaxak wrote: »
    If our own Sun's gravitational force is holding the Earth in place, revolving as such in it's own orbit, what is holding the Sun in place and does our solar system move at all and if so, in what direction and why ?

If I'm falling from the sky from within a container that weighs the same or only slightly heavier than me, why, if I'm not attached in any physical way to that container, can I not just step out of the container just before the point of impact and survive the fall unharmed in any way ?

In the same scenario as above but the container weighs considerably more than me and the speed at which it accelerates forces my body to the top end of the container facing away from the ground, if the same container then released a hefty parachute before it hit the ground, while I stepped out of the container before it actually hit the ground (lets say a couple of feet before it hit) would I survive or would the continued falling motion effect my body more so than it would the container that had the parachute attached and if so (or not...) why ?

The Theory of Evolution, it is after all just a a theory yet there are factual stories and evidence pointing to it's basis as a factually correct piece of work, even in human beings with some (like me thankfully) evolving enough to not be born with wisdom teeth (or an appendix for example) as those bodily items have no real requirement any more in the human race - yet it is still widely regarded by most still to be just a theory rather than a true, factual and proven scientific explanation as to the origins of life itself on our planet - why is this ?

He'd know where wally is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Just where did you put my hat and my coat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Darlughda wrote: »

On his knob of course.

• Advertisement

uprising2 wrote: »
    On his knob of course.

Uprising. That is just not worthy of you. Surely you can do better than that. Jayzus, do I have to hang round this forum again to raise the standard of humour. Bring back mysterious, is all I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Its friday he has had a few beers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

If it takes man A to run from Oxford to Cambredge in X hours, how much water should fill a bath of when 2 taps are running at the rate of Y per hour and yet is being drained from a hole at a rate of W per hour?

Find Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Torakx wrote: »
    Its friday he has had a few beers :p

No off the beer, had a jamaican woodbine.

Anyway ask Mahatma a question??, sorry Darra, couldn't resist, silly question, silly answer. Yea bring back mysterious, I think mysterious is more than capable of making his own way back in one way or another, I think he has just decided not to post anymore;).

Mahatma, what do you do in Australia?, a cowboy of some sort, Cattle and Cadillac's!.
    Also, what are you doing now?, working or dossing?, how many times a week do you change your jock's?, is it hot or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey dude, what happened to that car you were going to build on air or magnets or something?!

Will ya go with me?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

You only want your coat and hat back:D

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    You only want your coat and hat back:D

Thanks for exposing my ulterior motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but...

Could you tell me what a tracker mortgage is??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Where's wally?:D

He's in my Dungeon, I let him out now and again, just to freak People out :)

joebucks wrote: »
    Who shot Monty Burns?

Allegedley Maggie, but I prefer the Everyone Shot Mr Burns ending

Do they bury people with their braces on?
    Depends, Teet Braces Yes, Trouser braces Less So
    yekahs wrote: »
    What happens when a snake swallows its tail.
    I'm not sure, But I can advise against Poking one if you See it like that;)
    Also, is it true that if you search the word google on google that the internet breaks?
    I dunno, you can try, but if it breaks I'm comin round to your house for a 'Word'
    Torakx wrote: »
    Who shot JR?

Wasnt it that Devil Fella in the Mirror?
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    Uor sun is on the Outward spiral arm of the Milky way Galaxy, the entire Galaxy Rotates, so bnaturally we rotate within that, its rotating
    > that way:D
    Mythbusters covered this one, I think the answer is, NO
    When the Parachute deploys the G forces difference between you and the Large container would probably cause things to end badly

Interestin question tho, maybe repost it in the Physics Forum for a better answer.
    I find the Apendix thing fascinating, Evolution is Just a Theory and as such has a few bits that need clarification, its our best fit answer at the moment but as we all know these theories can change

Oh it'll keep me perplexed for a lot longer than that:D:D
    Can you Prove it was Your Hat :p
    If it takes man A to run from Oxford to Cambredge in X hours, how much water should fill a bath of when 2 taps are running at the rate of Y per hour and yet is being drained from a hole at a rate of W per hour?

Find Z.
    There it is^^^^^ :D
    uprising2 wrote: »
    No off the beer, had a jamaican woodbine.
    Pass that over here mate:)
    Anyway ask Mahatma a question??,

Mahatma, what do you do in Australia?, a cowboy of some sort, Cattle and Cadillac's!.
    Caddilacs Pffft, its BMW's and LandCruisers thank you very Much:p

I work in Forestry Primarily, Most of the time I run a Timberyard in Brisbane, but I have a Farm in Northern NSW where I have some Cattle and a Field of Spuds, thats where I like to spend my Weekend.
    Also, what are you doing now?, working or dossing?,
    Depends on Who's Askin ;)
    how many times a week do you change your jock's?,
    Dont bother with em meself:cool:
    is it hot or not?
    Not too bad today 26 Degrees but overvcast
    Gordon wrote: »
    Hey dude, what happened to that car you were going to build on air or magnets or something?!
    It was a Joe Cell, I built it, but I couldnt get it to Work as I hoped, the engine still needed some Petrol to drive it I then Smashed the car and the unit, and went back to driving Diesel LandCruisers for a while, Which prompted me to switch back to Transesterification as my main Fuel Project, that works tho, and the machine can produce about 140L every 5 days.

Where are we Going????????
    CiaranMT wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm gonna say this but...

Could you tell me what a tracker mortgage is??
    Honestly Mate I havent a feckin Clue either, I Dont have a mortgage and I dont particularly want one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

How do they get the figs into the fig rolls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

How come you capitalize some words mid-sentence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Top man, well done :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

How do they get the figs into the fig rolls?

I could Tell ya, but then I'd have to Kill You :eek: Sooner
    How come you capitalize some words mid-sentence?
    Cos I sometines feel like capatalisin words for Emphasis, Why does it bother You??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I could Tell ya, but then I'd have to Kill You :eek: Sooner

Cos I sometines feel like capatalisin words for Emphasis, Why does it bother You??

No was just wondering, thought it was unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

Here's a question:

Did you steal your name from Tony Martin??

If so maybe you should change your sig to Tony Martin Shine on etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Mahatmacoat , can you see planet x down there in australia yet !

If it is real , it should be coming from under the solar system , i've heard it could look like a blue star !

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gaelic cowboy

Wasnt it that Devil Fella in the Mirror

Wrong Kirstenshot JR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gaelic cowboy

Wasnt it that Devil Fella in the Mirror

Wrong Kristin Shepardshot JR

Advertisement