Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling board usage & behaviour - PLEASE READ

Options
  • 17-09-2010 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Sadly to say, in recent weeks a few of the threads on this forum have degenerated into petty squabbling, flaming and inappropriate language.

This has had the effect of slowing down the development of the board as the Mods are spending all their time editing and deleting rather than developing.

It's also chased away some of the regular posters who have spent years in some cases contributing good information & making the forum into what it should be.

Fortunately we have a second Mod on board now, so the monitoring has doubled.

With immediate effect, anyone found using bad language (that includes the use of ***), flaming, deliberately looking for an argument or deliberately going off topic will be banned & the thread closed.

I've been attached to this forum for nearly 10 years & enough is enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

Good stuff! I've been lurking on this forum for a good while and the quality of posting has been good. However in the last couple of weeks there has been a noticeable steep dropoff in the quality of posts and threads here imo, to the point where its hard to find the good stuff. Thanks to the mods for the work they put it and hopefully things will improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Yeah it's going a bit far now with more than 1 or 2 threads talking about the same topic with the same author.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Good stuff, the forum seems to be picking up in general.

The level of advice and amount of information ive picked up in here in the last while has been fantastic. Hope it stays that way, well done lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

DryFlyFishing=Banned.......................................
    LMAO.....

DryFlyFishing=Banned.......................................
    LMAO.....
    Tbh i hope he is allowed back, but only if his posting style has changed ;)

... LMAO .....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I have no doubt he will be back but he will be as easy to spot as a corrib trout with a knife stuck in the back of its head.....lol....lol....etc etc

Chuileog wrote: »
    I have no doubt he will be back but he will be as easy to spot as a corrib trout with a knife stuck in the back of its head.....lol....lol....etc etc
    That is the funniest thing ive ever read :pac:

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Rycn wrote: »
    Tbh i hope he is allowed back, but only if his posting style has changed ;)

... LMAO .....

:pac:

Was he banned for that big poaching rant, yeah?

No i think he was just causing rows in a few of the threads and getting a bit rowdy.

Heres the post about it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68072337&postcount=9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Lads I'd rather not go into detail as he has the right of appeal but suffice to say I feel I've given every opportunity over the past few weeks but to no avail

I appreciate that any sport can be contentious but all the more reason to moderate your own posts - angling has enough problems between lack of funding and anti's etc that I feel flaming and trolling just serve to diminish our own credibility

This forum made great strides under the moderation of jd to whom I'm grateful - it then got extra legs and has seen a very positive increase in posts during the last 12 months - I'm not prepared to slip backwards and want to increase again in the next 12 months with a forum category split for starters

Let's just get back to the business in hand - stay within charter AND spirit - let's go fishing :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

i would be interested to know.....how many posters have been banned from the angling forum???

Very very few - if memory recalls, I think one other in the time I've been moderating it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Alas, poor Dry Fly the full moon got to him. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i do a lot of trolling myself........trout and pike..... am i to be banned?:D:D:D

bayliner wrote: »
    i do a lot of trolling myself........trout and pike..... am i to be banned?:D:D:D

Hmmmm - the power is hard to resist once you get a taste for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Andip wrote: »
    Hmmmm - the power is hard to resist once you get a taste for it ;)
    down boy!!!!!:p

Advertisement