Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox can't connect to my laptop.

Options
  • 16-09-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've spent most of today trying to connect my Xbox to my laptop.

My last Xbox broke around November of last year and I didn't get another one until a month ago. I remember connecting that old Xbox to a different laptop that was running windows vista, but that was so long ago that I cant remember how I did it. This new laptop runs on windows 7 and the new Xbox is the 360s (although I don't think that has anything to do with it).

I want to connect the whole thing so I can get back on Xbox live. I'm using a 3 data modem dongle, and as terrible as it can be at times, it seems to run XBL pretty smoothly. The problem doesn't seem to be using the modem though, it's connecting the Xbox to the laptop, the network test is constantly failing.

As you can imagine, after spending a rather long time at it, I'm quite frustrated right now. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Do you have defender set up? I assume so if you're running windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mr-reiper

Defender is turned off apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mr-reiper

It seems to have started working again. I have no idea why or how this happened. Exact same thing happened when I was trying to do it on my vista a while back. *shrug* I shant complain, I have what I wanted. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement