Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Awards: Week 1

Options
  • 16-09-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

I recall something like this going on in here last year, something we could get going again.

Offensive Player of the Week: Arian Foster (HOU) 231 yards, 3 TDs and a 7.0 YPC average. No contest. Honorable mentions to Matt Forte, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Defensive Player of the Week: Adrian Wilson (ARI) 2 interceptions, 1 sack and 1 blocked FG. Great performance from an ever-reliable player. Honourable mention to Daryl Smith.

Rookie of the Week: Tyson Alualu (JAC) Three tackles and a sack for the Jags' rookie DT, a good contribution in a nice win over the Broncos. Honorable mentions to Nate Allen and Jordan Shipley.

Flop of the Week: Toss up between Alex Smith and Matt Moore. Two televised games back to back featuring some God-awful QB performances was very disappointing. Honorable mentions to the 49ers as a whole and Shonn Greene.

Play of the Week: Dexter McCluster's 94 yard punt return TD. Not a bad way to announce your arrival to the NFL. Honorable mentions to Rashard Mendenhall's game winning TD, the Lions consecutive goal line stops versus the Bears, and Brandon Tate's TD return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

happy to see the Jags getting a bit of recognition in this forum ;) but well done to Alualu. a great performance alongside Aaron Kampman and Terrence Knighton, turning itself into a decent D-Line....just sort out the secondary and we'll be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Im very biased but Mike Williams of the Bucs was pretty good for a 4th round choice, if you're looking for an alternative Rookie of the week.
    5 Receptions, 1 TD (look at the catch, great awareness), 30 yds, with a 2nd year QB who hadn't played since the 2nd Preseason game. I picked him for my FF team for the craic, did better then my other recievers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Im very biased but Mike Williams of the Bucs was pretty good for a 4th round choice, if you're looking for an alternative Rookie of the week.
    5 Receptions, 1 TD (look at the catch, great awareness), 30 yds, with a 2nd year QB who hadn't played since the 2nd Preseason game. I picked him for my FF team for the craic, did better then my other recievers :P

Picked him a lot of FF leagues myself, I've been raving about him to anyone who'll listen pretty much :o Im sure he'll be a candidate plenty more times this season, especially when Freeman doesn't have a broken thumb! He could do serious business against a crap Panthers secondary this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Here's hoping! Bucs at 2-0 and Panthers at 0-2, maybe with a bit of luck, keep the Falcons down at 0-2 and we're in a decent way Division wise. Also Talib back will be good, even though I thought Huggins(?) played well last week and made a vital int.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sleeper Player of the Week: Hakeem Nicks or Matt Hassleback. Two great performances from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement