Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dog Groomers in South Dublin?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi All

I know that there is already a thread on dog groomers but nearly all the recommendations are for north dublin and north county dublin. Could anyone recommend a good, kind groomer on the south side. We're in the Dun Laoghaire area but will travel for someone who is recommended.

Many thanks

Clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Ark Vet Care on Patrick's street are very good. been using them for 11 years now, no issues at all. Right beside you as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭C2

Yep, I actually called Arkvet today but apparently the girls there are both on maternity leave for the next few months. So have to keep looking but thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

ah ye i forgot about that! got our dog cut good and short a week or two ago,for this reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

una lawless in daper dogs in mount merrion is excellent! i use her also ann collins is very good used to use her but her wait can be very long and we are always leaving it to the last minute to book!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

http://www.littlepaws.ie/

These guys are brillant... her name is michelle.... they call to your home with the fully equipt van and groom your dog on site!

Excellent service :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Mary Toland in Ballyboden, near Bugler's Pub. 01 4932792. There's usually a 3 week waiting list though.

Thanks guys- do these groomers do gland squeezing as well do you know?

C2 wrote: »
    Thanks guys- do these groomers do gland squeezing as well do you know?

una lawless and ann collins do but if you ring up and double check im sure they will tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

mutt ugly, there is one in charlemount street and one in ringsend. pricy, but you get what you pay for. i go to ringsend and the list of awards the groomer has is very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

The Beauty Pawlour in Bray is brilliant, really good. http://www.thebeautypawlour.ie/

She's turned a friend's ruggy Glen of Imaal terriers into sleek beauties, and my collie cross into a beauty queen.

Her walls are papered with certificates, and her shelves garlanded with cups and medals. And she's so kind and gentle that dogs romp in there wagging after the first time.

• Advertisement

Thanks all thats really helpful- hope it helps others out there too!
    Clare

Will let you know how I get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭wopper10

I agree with sopie1234 una lawless from dapper dogs is great she's based in Mount Merrion on the road behind kielys. Also Ann collins is good to shes just off newtown park ave. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

funkyjebus wrote: »
    mutt ugly, there is one in charlemount street and one in ringsend. pricy, but you get what you pay for. i go to ringsend and the list of awards the groomer has is very impressive.

do the dogs write these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

duckysauce wrote: »
    do the dogs write these ?
    write what?

Hi guys

Just to let you know we went to Una Lawless in Dapperdogs in Stillorgan as recommended by some of you. We were really impressed, he was totally relaxed and happy coming home and she did a great job grooming him- 2 weeks later and people are still admiring him!

Thanks for the help all of you. I'm now about to start a new thread as we need to find him doggy daycare 2 days a week or a good dog walker who'll take him out for a long walk. I've posted the link below if anyone can help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68336067#post68336067

Thanks

Clare

Hi guys

Just to let you know we went to Una Lawless in Dapperdogs in Stillorgan as recommended by some of you. We were really impressed, he was totally relaxed and happy coming home and she did a great job grooming him- 2 weeks later and people are still admiring him!

Thanks for the help all of you. I'm now about to start a new thread as we need to find him doggy daycare 2 days a week or a good dog walker who'll take him out for a long walk. I've posted the link below if anyone can help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68336067#post68336067

Thanks

Clare

yes una is very good glad you went with her and liked her.! did it take you long to get in contact with her? ive been trying to ring her for a fews days and have not heard back? thanks

Thats odd- I called her in the am and she got back to me at 6pm that evening. Do you have the right number?

Maybe try her at lunchtime as i got her straight away another time at 1.45pm?

Clare

Thats odd- I called her in the am and she got back to me at 6pm that evening. Do you have the right number?

Maybe try her at lunchtime as i got her straight away another time at 1.45pm?

Clare

yes i got her at lunch time today figured out my number was on block so she couldnt call me back! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jimoige

Heavenly hounds in blackrock is excellent. Roisin is the woman who runs the place and she works wonders with my retriever! www.heavenlyhounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johner07

try barkies mobile saloon she is very good with the dog and takes her time with then she go's to you 0864075105 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement