Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about Veterinary Nursing

Options
  • 16-09-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hey all,
    So I'm in a bit of a dilemma, so I am in leaving cert and since 1st or 2nd year I have wanted to be a veterinary nurse. The only problem is Athlone, Dublin, Letterkenny, Dundalk are all so far away from Clare, where I live and very expensive since I would have to live there and I would be going by myself because I know no one going to those places :( So I am not sure if it would be possible at all for me to go to any of those next year.

I'm just looking for tips. What others things I could do in Cork/Limerick/Galway maybe before I go on and do Vet. Nursing in one of those places. Just any tips you have at all on anything :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Im in vet nursing at the min. There is a girl from clare on my course she gets home at the weekend no problem.

Accomodation in Athlone isnt that expensive. You can get a room for as little as 50 Euro a week.

There are other courses in the places you mention but Im afraid there not veterinary nursing. Usually called animal care or something like that.

People usually use those courses as a stepping stone to Athlone , UCD ect.

Advertisement