Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair in Castlebar?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Anybody know of a good computer repair man in Castlebar? Laptop is broke and i really need to get it fixed. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Shameless plug,
    Know this guy well, does a proper job

http://computeq.ie/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

roguey wrote: »
    Anybody know of a good computer repair man in Castlebar? Laptop is broke and i really need to get it fixed. thanks

How broke is broke?

Could have a look at it, no charge though, just wouldn't like to see anyone stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Shameless plug,
    Know this guy well, does a proper job

http://computeq.ie/

This guy is a disaster.

Took my laptop for two weeks when he said he would fix it in 2 days.

Never answered any of my calls.

Eventually returned it, Still wasnt fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ilovegalway

There is a shop on the main st in Ballinrobe would recommend them as they brought two old pcs back from the dead and made them quicker than my newest computer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Two people recommended in Westport

Michael Flynn Limeyard

Seymour Blaq

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There is a shop on the main st in Ballinrobe would recommend them as they brought two old pcs back from the dead and made them quicker than my newest computer.

This guy gave a pc back to someone I met telling them "the laptop was working fine, the virus is gone, but Google is not working", charged them €50 for removing a virus. The customer believed this and couldn't access any Google sites for weeks. Within two minutes with the laptop and I could see the list of Google sites blacklisted in the hosts file. Amateur stuff for anyone who repairs pcs, but He didn't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

nuac wrote: »
    Two people recommended in Westport

Michael Flynn Limeyard

Seymour Blaq

+1 Always helpful and seems like a great guy to me.. Has fixed my laptop twice, each taking just a day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 razzle_dazzle

Can anyone tell me where to find the guys in Westport or a contact number for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I've found Coleman Computers in Castle St. Castlebar very good, friendly, fast and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Would agree. Or Kings Computers in McHale Rd. Saw a load of lappies on the repair bench when I was last up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Aniar IT Services out in Moneen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Would agree. Or Kings Computers in McHale Rd. Saw a load of lappies on the repair bench when I was last up there.

Thanks Kristopherus,
    I don't live in Castlebar and I was wondering where Kings had moved to:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HardWolf

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    This guy is a disaster.

Took my laptop for two weeks when he said he would fix it in 2 days.

Never answered any of my calls.

Eventually returned it, Still wasnt fixed!
    Jeeps i dunno

I gave him my laptop with a broken screen fixed in no time and cheap enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HardWolf

Thanks Kristopherus,
    I don't live in Castlebar and I was wondering where Kings had moved to:).
    Never seen this one The fella when i dropped it in said that the graphics card was gone when it was clear that the screen was broken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

HardWolf wrote: »
    Jeeps i dunno

I gave him my laptop with a broken screen fixed in no time and cheap enough
    HardWolf wrote: »
    Never seen this one The fella when i dropped it in said that the graphics card was gone when it was clear that the screen was broken

You set up an account to tell us this? :confused: Sounds like your the guy from Computeq!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Boass

Any recommendations people?? Im lookin for someone good and not too over priced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement