Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Urgent** Bruce VS Hewitt, CORK

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi! I need some advices.

I know it's a bit late but I wish to change school to Bruce or Hewitt for full term 6th year this year.

I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Higher Maths, Japanese, Ordinary English...Which school suits better?

Also I want to start Applied Maths/Classical Studies/Other subjects this year, is it possible?

PLEASE HELP... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

It would not be possible to take up Classical Studies or Applied maths really at this stage. The courses are big and complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

It is possible to do applied maths in one year. Many people do it. You'd want to be pretty brilliant at maths and physics though. You're already a couple of weeks behind and every lesson counts.
    I don't think either school teaches Japanese, but I happen to know that the physics teacher in hewitt speaks Japanese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barry_murphy

i'm doing japanese outside school and that's not a problem ;)

So which school is better in teaching other subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

i'm pretty sure you can do classics in one year in hewit, a friend of a friend did it in 6th year and she went to the 5th and 6th year classes that were on the same night:) ag science is a more popular choice for a one year course in the grind schools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Bruce

• Advertisement
Advertisement