Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT'S HERE!! **SPOILERS WITHIN!!**

Options
  • 16-09-2010 1:19pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So if you're lucky enough to be Japanese and pre-ordered on Amazon, you have Black and/or White! For those of us unfortunate enough to have to wait a few more days (:() we'll have to make do with videos and pics of those who have it. Just thought I'd make a separate thread for discussion on our opinions when we do get out hands on it and to warn anyone who's avoiding spoilers!! Feel free to post vids/unboxings/spoilers here with out using the spoiler tags. But be warned: those who don't want to have it ruined on them read no further!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Smugleaf's final Evo just got posted. As I've said before l really want my game now!

I wonder which one of us will get a shiny first? Someone already found a shiny Dog Pokemon. I'm refusing to use the Japanese names as the Pokemon names are going to change in English.

Ah hurry up Yesasia!

Edit: He's a big boy!
    daikenki-back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i dont really like any of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Nope, I still stand by my saying that this is only Generation 4.3 and that they're truly scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas for Pokémon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nope! Not looking at it until I have my hands on the game! :D

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Nope, I still stand by my saying that this is only Generation 4.3 and that they're truly scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas for Pokémon.

Pretty much my thoughts, i mean i counted through them and there are about 12 i like the look of enough that i might use them. but most of them are legendaries/pseudo legendaries/mon that you find later on. before that i'd be twiddling my thumbs hating the beasts ive captured.

in gen 1 and 2 at leat there was enough variety that i could always have a team from early on that looked pretty neat. meh to this i say. and i wanted to like em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Some look ok, the rest.... meh. Cant see myself using many of them to be honest. I think the major question will be whos the new zubat/geodude/bidoof gonna be

• Registered Users Posts: 2 buffaloo

I'm kinda in agreement with all you guys! They're kindof a bizarre collection of newbies! I guess I had WAY higher expectations!! But at the same time it looks like i'm just going to have a small collection to rotate around with! PLUS the storyline after the Elite 4/7 whatever it will be seems interesting too! So while the Pokemon maybe aren't the best, the storyline sure seems to be the best one yet! ....Maybe it's just me still putting to much faith in the developers though! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Most of the 3 tier evolutions look crap. And damn near identical to the other evos. I saw maybe 4 I wouldn't be ashamed of having on my team, they're FAR too cutesy.

They'd damn well better make an epic story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

2nd row, last picture - looks like a cairn terrier with a dog blanket on top of it.

I like the look of the one eyed bat and the mole.

Hang on...there's an ice-cream cone pokemon.

I think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

There are some I really like the look of. I love the Fire Ghost candle/lantern/chandelier. Most of them don't really register with me though. I might feel different once they have English names and I am actually fighting and capturing them.

Interesting how they seem to be self contained within their own generation. I could be wrong but there don't seem to be any evolution or pre-evolutions of Pokemon from previous generations. Must be part of the back to basics approach

There are now 649 Pokemon:eek:. That's a lot to remember

Nerin asked my opinon and I gave it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 windy squid

I don't like the look of this i was expecting great future pokemon not rip-offs of the old one's:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Teferi wrote: »
    2nd row, last picture - looks like a cairn terrier with a dog blanket on top of it.

I like the look of the one eyed bat and the mole.

Hang on...there's an ice-cream cone pokemon.

I think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I'd prefer the Ice-cream cone to the bag of garbage. Though I do see some that I can see fitting into my team already.

For those that don't want to be EPICLY spoiled then click here for all the base stats, ev gains and Dream World abilities for EVERY Pokémon.

All I can say is: Welcome to OU Blaziken!

Playing around with the ROMs just to take a peek. Alright I'll give them credit where credit is due, the graphical engine has been much improved, although it is a case of arriving much later than it really could've been implemented.
    Also, WTF is with the opening?!?!?!

Playing around with the ROMs just to take a peek. Alright I'll give them credit where credit is due, the graphical engine has been much improved, although it is a case of arriving much later than it really could've been implemented.
    Also, WTF is with the opening?!?!?!
    FFS I just turn off my laptop and decided to use my iPod to view this thread and the iPod can't read the spoiler tags!

Alright, so I'm a filthy pirate and I'm exposing a glitch available to bypass Nintendo's attempts to stop me. Sue me.

Maybe I'll have to upgrade my original position of Gen 4.3 to a 4.6...

I'm actually rather pleased with this generation. They released plenty of electric-types <3
    I currently want:
    Jaroda
    Leperasudu
    ZEBURAIKA <3
    Tabunne
    Erufuun
    Warubiaru
    Shinpora
    Chirachiino
    Emonga
    Denchura <3
    Shanderaa
    Ononokusu
    Baffuron (am I the only one who thinks this is Tauros' new evo?)
    And of course Zekrom

I'm a bit annoyed that pokabu wasn't given a decent evolutionary line, but all the others make up for it =3

Ninty is angry and wants to sue Pokebeach. Trust me, I couldn't make this up!

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/letter.doc

• Advertisement

The ****?

Technically Nintendo of America have no grounds as all the imagery is taken from the Japanese version and not the English version...

The ****?

Technically Nintendo of America have no grounds as all the imagery is taken from the Japanese version and not the English version...
    I'm no lawyer, but it seems bad. Appently Ninty are doing the rounds on the Pokemon sites with the same thing. I just hope they go to town on Serebii who have waaaaay more pictures up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Thats a load of balls that. While the content is copyright, and technically they are using images without consent, it is becuase of sites like pokebeach and dare i say it, serebii, that make these games in my opinion. Without them, where do we find info abut the games, latest news etc

For shame Nintendo, for shame

Well, it's been a while, and with all the chatter going around and all the loopholes and bits being picked out of that supposed letter, it all looks completely fake and gay to me.

The main issue though is that this is all happening behind the scenes and WPM is giving very little information, and Joe is giving none...

Uh oh... >_>

Po-Po-Po-Pokerbeach, Po-Po-Po-Pokerbeach

The future is here and it's Ditto

olol

It's just a pity that the sprite post still shows all the sprites to me, but that's only thanks to Chrome's image caching :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Your move, Nintendo :D

Even more ololz:

nbattlegif.gif

• Advertisement

It's getting a bit silly now that only two sites have been targeted and there's a certain poster on another Pokemon fansite making Pokemon BW videos on YouTube and sharing the links to them illegal download thingys (whatever those things are).

Even when I was working on the HGSS and MG2 tour Ninty were tight about images and footage by non- Ninty folks. Their reasoning is something like, bad footage gives a bad view of their game and they only want the best stuff to advertise their game.

Advertisement