Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Woodbows.

Options
  • 16-09-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

As the title says, I am looking for traditional woodbows (longbows mainly but anything considered) does not have to be functional, any condition considered.

Pls contact me @ johnnyinput@gmail.com

PS - sorry mods if this is in the wrong place :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

If you are looking new wooden bows then www.flybow.de is the place to go. Its in Mayo inspite of the .de.

Second hand (good) longbows are probably a little hard to come by. If you contact some of the clubs in IFAF there may be some knocking about there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shogun Assassin

So I gave it a go there at the weekend and managed to build my first bow. A longbow make from a single piece of Ash, 67", not sure of the draw weight as I have no way to measure it (it drew 22lbs @ 15", that was all the weight that I had :(). The bow is far from perfect but I did manage to tiller it and it feels nice to shoot it. I was well happy with the end result.
    I kept the best piece of wood (with the best grain) to make another and I'm going to get started on that tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Sounds great!

Let us know how it goes, would love to try build my own bow someday! What do you do for arrows?

Advertisement