Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ HD Subscription

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Currently have Sky + HD in one room, and regular Sky + in another room.

Am paying 15euro for the multiroom sub, and a further 15euro for the HD pack.

Just wondering would I have to pay a further 15euro if I was to get a second HD box (replacing the Sky+ box)?

Or does the one 15euro sub cover the entire house so to speak?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the HD sub doesn't carry over. :o

So it will be
    Sub for HD Box 1 = € 15 + Sub for HD Box 2 = € 15 + Multiroom Sub = € 15 = € 45 Total

Then throw in whatever viewing package you have.... and it becomes rather expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Declan Carey

Strange that that's the way they work it. More money for them I suppose.

Thanks for the tip. Wills tick with what i have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Hopefully, they will scrap it some time in the (near) future.

I guess they just don't have the numbers signed up for HD as of yet, to make it viable for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's still seen as an exclusive, elite product. It will eventually become a standard offer just as Sky + did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

Every time i see a thread about sky i go to it thinking i'll get sky if they have at last dropped the stupid HD tax.

Oh well. Have to stick with freesat now. At least you get some HD channels and its free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Declan Carey

Yeah was thinking of just of just swapping the Sky+ box with a HD box from eBay and get BBC/ITV HD but not sure it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Has anyone noticed Sky's "realignment" of the HD Pack? Before you had access to all non-premium content that was HD but now you can only view what corresponds to the packs you are subscribed to.E.G if you only have Variety then you can now only view the HD equivilant of the channels contained in said pack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yep, you should have also got a letter (or tiny footprint!) about the changes with your Sky mag recently.

If you are within your initial 12 month contract I think you can call them up and ask for the other HD channels back until the end of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I got a call from SKY during the week offering a free Sky+HD box and reduced monthly HD subscription of E5 for first 12 months because I have been a customer for more than 3 years and have multi-room. I just pay E30 installation fee. Plus they will move the old Sky+ box into the other room so will have 2 plus machines and therefore extra hours of storage. Might be worth giving them a call Declan....

Advertisement