Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Cork / Cork City Dog groomers

Options
  • 16-09-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi guys....any recommendations for nice, kind dog groomers in the East Cork or Cork city / subarbs areas? I have an adorable, good tempered 8 month old cavachon (king charles cavalier / bichon cross) who I want to get groomed for the first time. I don't want any over the top grooming, just a kind groomer who will trim her and cut off / work out the couple of knots in her fur. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

You could try St John's college, they do a grooming course and you can get your dog groomed there for cheap. And it'll be pretty much as good as a real groomer because the teacher will be supervising it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ponder013

I'd recommend Jean in Canine Cuties in Youghal (can't remember the phone no.) She's in the new business park.

She grooms my dogs, and is very kind to Ray, who's blind and nervous. He's always glad to go there, so that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

Natasha [who teaches the grooming course in St Johns - or part of it anyway] has a grooming salon attached to the vets surgery Cashman & O'Driscoll's in Glanmire.

We went to her for years - she's great, though has students working with her most of the year so you won't necessarily be having a qualified groomer do all the work.

Now, we use a groomer in Cobh - I can't actually remember the name of her salon. Will check tomorrow - she's fab, couldn't recommend her enough :)

Advertisement