Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please.

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, i droped out of school last year after my junior cert (stupid mistake). I want to go back and do my leaving cert, my class i was in is sitting it june 2011, can i register in the school and sit my exams in 7 subjects in june 2011? I am 18 and working and i am not interested in the LCA i know my old school will have no problem letting me sit my exams in 2011, i have a private tutor, is it possible for me to just sit my exams?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Sitting the leaving as an external candidate would be no problem, just check with your school and make sure you get your application to sit the exam in on time. There's more information here:
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ec

It could be a problem if you're doing subjects that have projects and require a teacher to sign off on them, and science subjects require lab work. You may be able to get away without doing the experiments, but your expected to be able to produce a lab book with all the experiments written up and you get spot checked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd be more worried about trying to do seven 2 year courses in one year. Have you been studying your subjects since you left school, or are you just starting the LC course now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Doing the exams should be fine, it would be the doing it all the courses in 1 year that could be tough. Be careful about subjects that might involve practical/project work too, just to make sure you don't lose out on marks.

Advertisement