Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype - What do I need and is it worth it?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about getting Skype and have looking into it but I'm looking for info from people who have used it and what they think.

Cheers guys
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

How do,
    Skype is free to download and install, so the best thing to do is for you to download it and play around for a bit.
    If you are familiar with msn messenger or icq, skype has the functionality for instant messaging as well as making calls.

All calls between skype clients are free afaik, but you can also call landlines/mobiles, but you need to have money in your skype account to do that.

Once you download skype, there is a pretty easy to use interface that should walk you through everything you need to know about the application.

Hope this helps a little!!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about getting Skype and have looking into it but I'm looking for info from people who have used it and what they think.

Cheers guys

Depending on your computer, you may need microphone, headphones (or a combined headset) and probably a camera. if you've got a new enough computer the mic/camera built in may be enough.

I've got a one year old Dell Inspiron laptop with built-in camera, mic and speakers, and I didn't need to buy extra, it works just fine. My PC in work, though, is a Dell Optiplex, and I needed to get a camera and headset as these weren't built in.

Both cameras and headset can be picked up for (rough estimate) about €30-€40 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭freethepenguins

Cheers guys, info so far all looks to be positive so I'm just going to download it now and see how I get on. :D

Advertisement