Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Diploma in History

Options
  • 15-09-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am about to undertake a Higher Diploma in History. Just wondering could some one help me in telling me how many subjects I need to pick from the module list below and are any mandatory? Any help would be great. Thanks

http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/page036.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 smcmaths

Hi I am also taking up Higher Dip in History as far as I know you chose modules to the value of 60 credits from 2nd and 3rd year arts modules. I was wondering is there a general lecture for all hdip history students on monday or do we just go to the modules we decide to study?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Ok, thanks. Yeah I would like to know that as well. I am kind of lost at the moment at where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I'm doing the Hdip in English so I'm not sure if the set-up is the same, but maybe it's something similar. We have to go to the introductory lectures for 2nd and 3rd years on Monday and Tuesday for info on modules and seminars etc. We have a class meeting later in the week and then as far as I know the lectures start on the 27th, not sure about the seminars. Maybe the process is similar for history? You could email the course co-ordinator and ask.

Most of the information I have about the modules and seminars I found on the undergraduate section of the school of english page on the UCC website. Perhaps something of use can be found here:

http://www.ucc.ie/en/history/Undergraduate/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Just out of interest, what's the point in the HDip degree? Does it act as a substitute for not having an undergraduate degree in the subject, or is it a pathway to a Masters etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Just out of interest, what's the point in the HDip degree? Does it act as a substitute for not having an undergraduate degree in the subject, or is it a pathway to a Masters etc?

Yep, that's pretty much it. I'm doing it as there's a masters I wouldn't mind doing at some point in NUIG but I've only a level 7 degree at the moment so wouldn't qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 smcmaths

I rang the course coordinator today and there is no introductory lecture. we should go to modules we have chose and he also advised to attend others to keep our options open.

Just wondering have you chose which lectures you want to do for history?

Advertisement